Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The website at www.hardrockhotelatlanticcity.com (the “ ”) and the materials and information on this Site are provided by Boardwalk 1000, LLC (“ ”, “ ”, “ ”, or “ ”) and may be used for informational purposes only. Your use of the Site, and Materials and services (the “ ”) thereon is subject to these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) as defined below.
By using this Site, you represent that you have read and understand these Terms and agree to be bound by them. Furthermore, by using this Site, you represent that: (i) you have the capacity to be bound by these Terms; and (ii) if you are acting on behalf of a company or other entity, you have the authority to bind such company or entity. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use this Site or the Services or download any Materials from this Site.
We may amend or revise these Terms (the “”) or add to, modify or delete any Materials or Services at any time at our sole discretion. We will post Revisions on our Site. By using the Site after Revisions are posted, you agree to be bound by the Revisions. Please review the Site regularly to check whether any Revisions have been made.
OWNERSHIP AND USE OF MATERIALS
Except as otherwise indicated, this Site and its entire contents, including, but not limited to, the text, information, material, software, and graphics contained on this Site (, “ ”), are owned by Boardwalk and its affiliates. The Materials are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Boardwalk makes no proprietary claim to any third-party names, trademarks, or service marks appearing on this Site. Any third-party names, trademarks, and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. Hard Rock, Rock Star, and associated logos (the “ ”) are the trademarks of Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc. or its affiliated entities, and are used under license to Boardwalk. Unauthorized use is expressly prohibited.
Except as provided in the next sentence, the Materials may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, downloaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without Boardwalk’s prior written permission.
All rights in the Materials (except the Hard Rock Marks, which are reserved to Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc.) are expressly reserved to Boardwalk. Boardwalk reserves the right to change, update, discontinue, or restrict or prevent access to this Site or the Materials at any time without notice.
AGE AND GEOGRAPHICAL RESTRICTIONS
You must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to use certain Services, including our Wild Card Rewards Program. The Site and Services are intended for use in the United States and may not be accessed or used in any jurisdiction where it is illegal or prohibited. You are responsible for ensuring that you are complying with the laws of your country or jurisdiction of residence when accessing or using the Services or the Site.
You may not: (i) modify the Materials or use them for any commercial purpose, or any other public display, performance, sale, or rental; (ii) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any software used in connection with the Site; (iii) remove any copyright notice or other proprietary notices from the Materials; (iv) transfer the Materials to another person. In addition, you agree not to use the Site or Services to send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or other form of solicitation; (v) impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; (vi) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Boardwalk’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Boardwalk’s providers; (vii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (viii) access or search or attempt to access or search the Site or Services by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by Boardwalk; (ix) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information; (x) interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services; (xi) avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Boardwalk or any of Boardwalk’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Materials; or (xii) use, display, mirror, or frame the Services, any individual element within the Services, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Boardwalk’s express written consent.
We may provide users the opportunity to post information, videos, photographs, and other content (the “”) to the Site or to public forums on the Site. By posting a message or contributing in any way to this Site, including, but not limited to, sending User Content and e-mail, you expressly grant Boardwalk and its affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns the worldwide, non-exclusive perpetual right to use in any way, copy, republish, modify, create derivative works, display, perform, or sell your User Content as part of its property and in any all media now known or hereafter created.
You may not submit any User Content that is false, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, racist, infringing of any intellectual property or privacy or other right, or which encourages criminal or other unlawful activity. Boardwalk shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, modify, or delete any User Content in its sole discretion.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR THE USE OF THIS SITE AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY. THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, AND FREEDOM FROM ERRORS, VIRUSES, BUGS, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SITE AND SERVICES MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE DUE TO ANY NUMBER OF FACTORS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERIODIC SYSTEM MAINTENANCE, SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED, ACTS OF GOD, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, VIRUSES, DENIAL OF SERVICE OR OTHER ATTACKS, TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE SITE, TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE, OR DISRUPTION, AND THEREFORE, BOARDWALK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REGARDING SITE USE AND/OR AVAILABILITY, ACCESSIBILITY, SECURITY, OR PERFORMANCE CAUSED BY SUCH FACTORS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM BOARDWALK OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE THESE TERMS.
In no event shall Boardwalk be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, any special, indirect, or consequential damages, and damages resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, or business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the Site, Services, or any Materials or any hyperlinked Site, even if Boardwalk has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
This Site contains links to third-party websites. These links are provided for convenience purposes and the linked websites are not under the control of Boardwalk or its affiliates. Boardwalk does not make any representations and warranties, express or implied, regarding the content of any of these linked sites. These links do not constitute or imply an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by Boardwalk with respect to any third party, any third-party’s website, the content of any third-party’s website, or any products or services provided by a third party.
NO ARRANGEMENTS FOR PROHIBITED PERSONS/EXCLUDED PERSONS
You acknowledge that Boardwalk is a New Jersey domestic limited liability company and operates a licensed New Jersey gaming establishment. Boardwalk is: (i) prohibited from providing services to certain “prohibited persons” that are government officials or residents of certain embargoed countries, or terrorists or drug traffickers whose names are published on lists maintained by the United States Department of Treasury; and (ii) must exclude or eject any “excluded persons” that are listed on the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement’s “Exclusion List”. You agree to use all reasonable efforts not to arrange for any of these prohibited persons or excluded persons to stay at, use, or tour any Boardwalk facilities or use any Boardwalk services, including, but not limited to, the Site.
Persons who have executed and submitted to Boardwalk a Request for Voluntary Self-Exclusion from Casino Gambling (“- ”) may not use the Site or the Services. Other limitations of self-excluded persons are contained in the Voluntary Self-Exclusion. Creating an account on the Site does not rescind your Voluntary Self-Exclusion. Rescission of a Voluntary Self-Exclusion is governed by the terms and conditions set forth in the Voluntary Self-Exclusion. In accordance with the terms and conditions of the Voluntary Self-Exclusion, Boardwalk is not liable for any access by or services provided to a self-excluded person as a result of self-excluded persons accessing the Site or creating an account.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Boardwalk’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Boardwalk in writing. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in such provision, and, notwithstanding such finding, all other provisions of the Terms shall remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the Terms or use of the Site must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
WILD CARD REWARDS – OFFICIAL RULES
The following official rules (the “Official Rules”) apply to the Wild Card Rewards Program applicable to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City.
- You must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older to participate. Membership is free to join. Valid photo identification is required for all Wild Card Rewards transactions. Approved forms of identification are a valid state driver’s license, state identification card, military identification, or passport.
- By joining the Wild Card Rewards Program, members authorize the use of account information, including address, email, and telephone number for marketing communication purposes, including e-mail communications.
- Members are permitted to hold one (1) single account. Members may only use their personal Wild Card Rewards card. Use of another person’s card may result in suspension or revocation of membership.
- Benefits are non-transferable. Wild Card Rewards card and all the benefits remain the property of Boardwalk.
- It is the member’s responsibility to properly insert their Wild Card Rewards card in the card reader or present to a dealer while playing at a table game when engaged in play. Any play accumulated without the card properly inserted will not generate Wild Card Rewards benefits.
- It is the member’s responsibility to safeguard the security PIN associated with the account. Members may change their security PIN at any time at their discretion. Approved identification is required to change a PIN.
- Any Wild Card or voucher that is mutilated, forged, or altered is void.
- Fraudulent use of the Wild Card may result in the loss of membership and privileges. Membership may be revoked or canceled at any time in the sole discretion of Boardwalk management.
- Boardwalk management reserves the right to adjust any account resulting from malfunction, operator error, and/or failure.
- Except to the extent prohibited by law, Boardwalk management reserves the right to deactivate accounts and/or purge Tier points, comp dollars, and other balances at any time. Comp dollars expire if not used within six (6) months from the date accumulated. Tier points, which are cumulative of comp dollars earned over a one (1) year period, reset once per year.
- Wild Card Rewards members or persons who have been banned from the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City or who have opted into the self-exclusion program are prohibited from participating.
- Employees of Boardwalk and their families, tour operators, their agents and employees, agents of advertising agencies and promotional companies and their immediate family members, as well as agents, successors and assignees may not participate in any Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City promotion whereby their winning would subsequently cause another Wild Card Rewards member to miss an opportunity to win a promotional prize or gift.
- By joining the Wild Card Rewards Program, members agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Boardwalk Management, the New Jersey Division of gaming Enforcement, and the New Jersey Casino Control Commission.
- Boardwalk reserves the right to change, cancel, or alter this program at any time.
- Any dispute regarding these Official Rule will be subject to the Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability and Governance Law and Jurisdiction provisions of the Terms.
HARD ROCK HOTEL & CASINO ATLANTIC CITY – RESPONSIBLE GAMING
At Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City, we strive to offer gaming as a form of adult entertainment that is enjoyed responsibly. We recognize that, for a portion of the population, gaming is an activity that can lead to problems. We believe that gaming should be considered a planned and budgeted entertainment option, and that customers should never be encouraged to gamble beyond their means. We aim to reduce the risk of problem gambling by encouraging healthy, balanced, and recreational play, and directing those who have concerns with their own, or someone else’s, gambling behavior, to available resources.
WHAT IS PROBLEM GAMBLING?
Problem gambling includes all gambling behavior patterns that compromise, disrupt, or damage personal, family, or vocational pursuits. The following behaviors may signify a gambling problem:
- Sacrificing time from work, school, or family to gamble;
- Feelings of remorse after gambling;
- Gambling in order to recoup previous losses or pay off debts;
- Feelings of decreased ambition or efficiency;
- Borrowing money to finance gambling;
- Reluctance to use ‘gambling money’ for normal expenditures;
- Selling personal belongings to finance gambling;
- Self-neglect or neglect of family;
- Gambling until every last dollar is gone;
- Gambling longer than planned;
- Gambling to escape worry or trouble;
- Lying about money lost or time spent gambling; or
- Thoughts of self-destruction, depression, or suicide as a result of gambling.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Boardwalk is committed to empowering customers and employees to recognize, understand, and prevent problem gambling. Through customer awareness, we aim to reduce the risk of problem gambling by educating customers about the risks of gambling, helping our customers understand how to adopt healthy play habits, and directing those with a gambling problem to the help they need. Our employees receive comprehensive training to identify problem gambling and to direct guests to available resources.
To further our responsible gaming objectives, we strive to serve alcoholic beverages responsibly and prevent underage gambling in our casino.
PREVENTING UNDERAGE GAMBLING
To promote responsible gambling, Boardwalk has a strict policy against underage gambling. We take all reasonable steps to prevent persons under the age of twenty-one (21) from gambling and loitering within the gaming areas. We have established policies that prevent our adult guests from bringing their children into gaming areas or leaving them unattended anywhere on-property. Failure to comply with our policies may result in a guest losing his/her privilege to game.
If you should find a child left unattended, please do the following:
Notify the Security Department immediately. Stay with the child; do not remove them from the area until a member of the Security Department arrives. The child may have been given special instructions by his/her parent or guardian to stay in that area until they return.
AVOIDING PROBLEM GAMBLING
Casual gambling with affordable wagers can be a harmless and enjoyable pastime. Individuals can take steps to ensure they do not develop a gambling problem.
Know your limits:
- Set predetermined responsible limits with gambling funds you can afford to lose.
- Avoid gambling when feeling lonely, angry, depressed, stressed, or when coping with the death of a loved one.
- Do not use gambling as a way to solve personal problems or to impress others.
- Do not gamble if you are recovering from an addictive disorder or dependency.
- Do not allow gambling to interfere with work or family responsibilities.
- Avoid excessive use of alcohol when gambling. Alcohol can affect your judgment and interfere with your ability to adhere to predetermined gambling limits.
If you or someone you know decides that they have a gambling problem, the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement has a self-exclusion program that allows problem gamblers to exclude themselves from casino gaming activities, including Internet gaming, in New Jersey for one (1) year, for five (5) years, or for life.
To apply for the self-exclusion program, you may submit an application in person or online to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. The online application is available at https://www.njportal.com/dge/selfexclusion.
HELP IS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER or log on to 800GAMBLER.org. The Problem Gambling Helpline offers confidential, non-judgmental assistance twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- National Council on Problem Gambling;
- National Center for Responsible Gaming; and
- Institute for Research on Pathological Gambling and Related Disorders.
This information provides only a brief overview of the hazards associated with problem gambling and is not intended to provide a diagnosis of problem gambling.