We realize many travel plans have been disrupted over the past few weeks -- as of now, Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach is open and accepting hotel guests.
Our culture of service, teamwork and community challenges us to be our best and help make the world a better place for all. In strange times like these, we believe it is our job to put safety first - for our guests, for our staff and for our world. We are all in this together - and together we believe we can make a significant impact on how this all plays out.
We are working to keep our spaces safe and to do this we need to make some changes that may impact your stay with us. While these may be inconveniences - we hope you will understand. We welcome you to reach out to us if you have questions. We are a brand of genuine and personal connections - and that's what keeps Hard Rock fans coming back.
These changes go into effect on Monday, March 23 (3.23.20) and will stay in place until April, 30 - or until further notice:
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided from Constant Grind’s “grab-and-go” menu
- Sessions Restaurant will be closed for in-room dining but will be offering a "to-go" menu for pick up
- Self-parking will be provided, valet parking will be closed
- In Room Dining will be closed
- Roxity Kid’s club will be closed
- All live entertainment has been cancelled
- Rock Spa & Salon will be closed
- Rock Shop will be closed
- Sound of Your Stay amenities will not be available
During these unprecedented times, we have been elevating all of our communication and hygiene protocols to better protect all of our guests, team members, vendors and partners since this began, weeks ago. Here is our promise to you: the health, safety and well-being of our employees and guests is our top priority. We will continue to follow the lead of public health authorities at this important time and will continue to update you directly and swiftly with any pertinent information regarding the status of our hotel.
All Is One,
The "Band" at Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach