HOTEL RESERVATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
BY MAKING A BOOKING FOR A STAY AT HARD ROCK HOTEL DESARU COAST, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH YOUR BOOKING.
In these Terms and Conditions, the words “the Hotel” or “we” means Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast and use of the words “you” or “guest(s)” means all persons for whom a Hotel room is booked.
1. ROOM RATES
- Room rates shown on the website are charged on a per room per night basis.
- Rates are in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR).
- Room rates do not include any applicable taxes at the time of occupancy.
- Any meals or service are included only if specified.
- Room rates and details are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change without notice.
- In the event you complete a booking based on a rate that has been incorrectly posted, the Hotel reserves the right to correct the rate or cancel the reservation at its discretion and will contact you directly.
- A minimum length of stay, cancellation charge and other conditions may apply to certain rates, as specified.
- Black-out dates may apply.
Sales & Service Tax (SST)
- Rates quoted (+) are subjected to 6% Sales & Service Tax (SST).
- Pursuant with the Tourism Tax Act 2017, a charge of MYR 10 per room per night will be levied on the non-Malaysian guest(s). Malaysian citizens and permanent residents with MyPR cards are exempted from the Tourism Tax.
- Tourism Tax will be collected at check-out and is payable by cash or credit card.
- Room rates do not include Tourism Tax.
- Bookings are accepted subject to room availability.
- At all times during the booking process, you will be advised to ensure the accuracy of booking details (guest information, stay dates, room types, room rates, number of guest(s), arrival/departure date). The Hotel will not be responsible or liable for errors in booking details.
- No booking shall be treated as confirmed until the details and/or payment/deposit described have been provided.
- For reservations of 10 rooms and above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Third Party Booking Sources
- In the case of booking cancellation or modifications made through a third party (website or travel agent), the Hotel recommends that guests first contact their source of booking for assistance before approaching Hotel staff.
3. ROOM OCCUPANCY
- The total number of occupants in a room, including children, shall not exceed the maximum number of occupants permitted for the respective room types:
- Superior / Deluxe / Deluxe Gold King Room: 2 adults + 1 child / 3 adults (with extra bed)
- Superior / Deluxe / Deluxe Gold Family Room: 2 adults + 2 children / 4 adults
- Accessible Room: 1 king-size bed and facilities to accommodate a wheelchair-bound person. Maximum occupancy is 2 persons.
- If you have any questions or clarifications regarding the Hotel's Maximum Occupancy Policy, our staff will be happy to explain in detail. The Hotel reserves the right to refuse entry to any additional guest exceeding the maximum occupancy allowed for that room type.
- For the King Rooms, an extra rollaway bed for a third occupant is allowed and is chargeable from RM150.00++ per night, including breakfast for 1 person, unless stated in the specific rate plan. Extra bed is strictly not allowed in the Family Rooms.
- There is a maximum of 1 rollaway bed OR one baby crib/cot per room.
- All requests are subject to availability and the Hotel bears no responsibility should it be unable to fulfill certain requests.
- Interconnecting/adjoining rooms: Guest has to advise the Hotel of room requirement at the time of reservation. The Hotel has no obligation to provide interconnecting/adjoining rooms if not advised by the guest at the time of reservation. The provision of rooms by Hotel is subject to availability and will be confirmed upon check-in.
- The Hotel provides wheelchair accessible and limited mobility rooms subject to availability. Please specify this requirement at the time of booking.
- Child aged 0 - 3: Stay and dine for free when sharing existing bedding with the adults.
- Child aged 4 - 11: Stay for free when sharing existing bedding with the adults excluding breakfast. Child breakfast charge is applicable.
- Child aged 12 and above: Considered as adults by the Hotel.
- An infant is counted as a child in regards to the maximum capacity count of any given room.
- Baby cots are complimentary upon request and subject to availability.
- Every child along with their age must be mentioned on the reservation.
Credit Card Pre-Authorisation
- A valid credit card is required to secure your reservation.
- If you are using your credit card to guarantee your room reservation, the Hotel may hold an amount on your credit card prior to arrival.
- Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast accepts payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB credit cards. China Union Pay, Debit Cards are accepted. A payment process fee may apply.
- Exchange rates are applicable at the time of reservation but are subject to currency fluctuations and billing will be at the prevailing exchange rate.
Advanced Purchase / Offers & Promotions
- All rooms booked on Advance Purchase Rate or Offer & Promotion Rate are non-refundable at any time after the booking is made.
- A pre-payment is required at time of booking. Upon reservation, the full amount indicated on the booking confirmation will be charged.
- A 50% deposit is required at time of booking for the Festive Season.
- Booking cancellation subject to the Hotel's cancellation policy.
- For all reservations, the Hotel requires a deposit for incidental charges upon check-in.
- Deposit may be placed in cash or on a credit card at check-in time. For deposit using a credit card, pre-authorisation by the Hotel is required.
7. CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT
- Check-in time is from 3:00 pm.
- Guests must be 18 years or older with valid government-issued identification or passport is required at check-in.
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parents or a legal guardian. The Hotel reserves the right to check photo identification.
- Guest can request for early check-in. However, these requests are based on availability. If the rooms are not ready upon arrival, our Bell Staff will be happy to hold your belongings until your hotel room becomes available.
- Check-out time is by 12:00 pm. Any request for late check-out will be subject to hotel ocupancy.
- In case of check-out beyond the stipulated time, the Hotel reserves the right to charge an additional one (1) night’s stay at the prevailing room rate without prior notice.
8. CANCELLATION POLICY
- The cancellation policy varies according to the rate/package that is booked. Please refer to the description given at booking or contact the Hotel for clarification.
- Cancellation more than 3 days prior to arrival: no cancellation charge imposed
- Cancellation within 3 days and less prior to arrival: 1-night cancellation charge imposed
- Non-arrival on the day (no-show): Full amount (including any applicable prevailing government tax) will be charged to your credit card provided at the time of reservation. No refunds will be provided for the canceled booking.
Advanced Purchase / Offers & Promotions
- If you reserve under Advance Purchase Rate or Offer & Promotion Rate, the cancellation is non-refundable.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, no changes or cancellation will be allowed forAdvance Purchase Rate or Offer & Promotion bookings. Please read the terms and conditions of the relevant promotion, which terms of promotion shall apply to the booking and shall be binding on you.
Third Party Booking Sources
- If you made your reservation through a third party (website or travel agent), cancellations must be made directly with the third party. The hotel is not authorized to cancel, and cannot provide refunds, for any third party reservations.
- Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast practices a strict NO SMOKING policy in all Hotel premises. Smoking is prohibited in any part of the Hotel premises including but not limited to Hotel rooms, except in any restricted smoking area(s) designed by the Hotel (if any).
- Items NOT allowed to bring into the Hotel:
- Pets or livestock
- Local fruits Durian and Mangosteen
- Any electrical appliances, and/or equipment for heating and/or cooking purposes.
- The Hotel reserves the right to remove and/or confiscate any of the above items found in the room immediately without notice to you and to charge you for any costs incurred for taking such action or for any loss or damage caused to the Hotel room, premises or property.
10. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The Hotel may, at its absolute discretion, cancel the reservation if the Hotel is of the opinion that the reservation information provided is falsified or incomplete.
- The Hotel shall not be liable for any losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any cancellation of the reservation by the Hotel.
This is a non-exhaustive list of reservation policies upheld by Hard Rock Hotel Desaru Coast. Should you require any clarification on terms not stated here, please contact us directly.
The Hotel reserves the right to add to, alter or amend any of the above terms, conditions and rules as and when it deems nessesary.
Last Updated: December 2018