Before Your Arrival
- The Maldives Health Protection Agency (HPA) has made it a mandatory requirement for all tourists (including those who have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a Covid-19 vaccine) to present a negative result for a Nucleic Acid Test (PCR test) for Covid-19 on arrival effective 03rd May 2021. The sample for said PCR test must be taken not more than 96 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure from the first port of embarkation en-route to the Maldives. However, children below one-year-old are exempted from the aforementioned requirement.
- HPA mandates all travelers to submit the negative PCR Test Result on an online health declaration form within 24-hour prior to their departure to the Maldives. Under the question "Which island will you be staying?", select Hard Rock Hotel Maldives.
Arriving to Maldives
- As a proactive Covid-19 prevention measure, random sampling and testing of passengers at the airport will be conducted by HPA. This would be free of charge and international travellers may use the negative test result for their departure if it is within the required duration as mandate by their country.
- Arrival and departure details must be shared prior to the stay. Guests arriving from another resort or departing to another resort within the Maldives will be subject to the status of both resorts at the time of change of property in relation to COVID-19 guidance and approval by the Ministry of Tourism (MOT) and Ministry of Health (HPA) of Maldives. If either of the resorts is under 'monitoring status' by MOT or HPA for contact tracing by local authorities; then, the approval may not be granted and this may impact your stay and require reservations to be canceled at the destination resort.
Departing from Maldives
- Many airlines and countries require PCR Test on arriving passengers. We do offer a PCR test service in our resort for the convenience of our guests at a charge of 120 USD. It normally takes up to 24 hours to get the results. Please ensure to regularly check with your airline, and the destination country on their PCR timing requirement. Some countries require 72, 48 or 24 hours old PCR test from the boarding and/or arrival time. Please ensure to have the latest information that is applicable to your destination as the rules are changing rapidly. Hard Rock Hotel Maldives will provide you a professional PCR service based on your requested timing. However, we will not assume any responsibility if the timing of the test is not in accordance to the requirements of the airline or the destination country.
- We currently do not accept guests who reside or stayed overnight in Male, Hulhumale, other local islands and safari boats before coming to our resort. If you are traveling to our resort from another resort, you must contact the reception team at the resort you are staying so they can assist you with the required approvals for inter-island travel, as indicated above.
- If you test positive for Covid-19, while in the resort, we will follow government guidelines on contact tracing and quarantine. For more information, please follow this link.
- Guests who have traveled to/been in India within the past 14 days are required to conduct a PCR test upon arrival to the resort (USD 120 per test) and remain in quarantine in their villa/room till a negative result is received (usually within 24 hours).
For More Information
For more information on regulations of Maldives and the current rules implemented by the Government and hotel which may impact your stay, please check for the latest updates on our website and the Maldives Ministry of Tourism
Safe + Sound for You
We are fully committed to the safety guidelines and hygiene protocols from Hard Rock International under the new SAFE + SOUND program to protect the health and well-being of our guests and team members. Please follow the link to learn about our safety standards and operational procedures. If you have any questions, please do let us know.
In order to arrange the airport transfers, please share the following information with us at least 3 days prior to your arrival:
- Arriving and departing flights – Airline name and flight number
- Accompanying guest name(s) and date of birth for all traveling guests
Inclusive of tax, the return airport transfers charge is:
- USD 148 per adult (18 years old and above)
- USD 74 per child (6-17 years old)
- Complimentary for children below 6 years old
Upon arrival, you will be greeted by our airport representatives who will be holding a signboard of “Hard Rock Hotel Maldives”, who will assist you through the airport and guide you to the transfers which will be arranged for you. The duration of the trip is a 20-minute boat journey from Velana International Airport.
*If you stay at another property before traveling to our resort, please advise the property name and your contact number in order for us to coordinate the transfer time and meeting point at the airport one day before arrival.
For airlines that requires to have a negative COVID 19 test before the guests are allowed on board, we have come up with a procedure to help our guests tested before their departure. For more information about the procedure, please read here.
New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner is optional for all bookings made for staying over 31st December (Rates are inclusive of taxes and service charge):
- USD 222 per adult (18 years and above)
- USD 111 per child (6 to 17 years old)