S Hotels & Resorts Co., Ltd
Last Updated: 20 December 2018
At S Hotels & Resorts Co., Ltd (S Hotels & Resorts), we strive to deliver outstanding products and services amongst our properties. We are committed to creating a customized experience that is relevant to your needs by using the information you entrust us with responsibly. We recognize that privacy is an important issue, which we have provided this Privacy Statement to help you understand how and what we collect, use and protect your information when you surf on our websites.
Please kindly take a moment to read the statement below. By agreeing to this Privacy Statement, e.g. in the context of registering for any of our products or services, you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and use personal information as described in this Statement.
This Privacy Statement is applicable to:
- Any data processing implemented by S Hotels & Resorts managed hotels
- Any S Hotels & Resorts booking websites, including but not limited to:
2) PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
S Hotels & Resorts defines “Personal Information” as information about you as an identifiable individual. The personal information that may process include, but not limited to the following:
- Basic and/or reservation fulfillment information such as name, age, gender, passport information, publicly available photograph, home address, zip/postal code, email address and phone number, credit or debit card details;
- Stay and/or stay preference information such as arrival and departure dates, goods and services purchased, information and observations about your special requests made and service preferences;
- Marketing preferences through registering for e-newsletters or programme membership;
- Guest feedback survey both in-hotel and online;
- Health information where disclosed and relevant to the provision of services;
- Technical information such as information about the device or browser you use to interact with us, information collected through cookies, IP address, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Job application submission; and
- Additional contact information about you that we may obtain through third parties with whom we do business (e.g. travel agents, wedding planners or meeting and event planners).
The information shall be deemed collected by us with your permission.
We may collect your personal information while monitoring our technology tools and services including but not limited to the following:
- Through online services - when you create a profile or sign in to access an existing profile on our website or App, communicate via our online chat services, email to inform us of special requests and/or preferences, make a purchase through our website, or make a reservation online;
- Through offline services - when you make a reservation over the telephone or during your stay at a hotel or resort, including information provided during check-in; and
- Other Sources - we may collect information from other sources such as joint marketing partners and other third parties.
3) USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
At S Hotels & Resorts, we may use your personal information for and not limited to the following purposes:
- to enable you to use our website and our mobile App and process transactions through our website;
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- to provide customized services and experiences to you;
- to assist us in making your reservation and providing the services you request at any of our properties;
- for billing purposes in relation to your stay with us;
- to provide services you request such as facilitation of reservations, sending booking confirmation and pre-arrival messages;
- to process a transaction such as confirming a reservation, fulfilling a request for proposal;
- to send administrative information, marketing communications, and promotional offers;
- to send guest satisfaction survey and perform market research;
- for you to participate in one of our on-line promotions; and
- to analyse customer trends and insights.
4) YOUR RIGHTS
- Accessing your personal information
At S Hotels & Resorts, we understand that you may like to know what personal information we hold about you. We are happy to assist you with your request. To protect your personal information, however, we require that you prove your identity to us at the time your request is made.
S Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to decline access to your personal information under certain circumstances as permitted by law. If your personal information is not disclosed to you, you will be provided with the reasons for this non-disclosure.
- The option of not to submit your personal information
You may be offered the option not to submit your personal information. However, by not providing the information or providing inaccurate or incomplete information, this may restrict or affect the hotel reservation process or other transactions, for which S Hotels & Resorts shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever should any reservations or other transactions fail to proceed or any attempts to use our reservation processes by you be frustrated, delayed, or rejected, or otherwise lead to any result which you may not have desired or anticipated.
5) PROCESSING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The information you provided is added to a local, regional or global database. S Hotels & Resorts may disclose your information in the following circumstances, including but not limited to:
- Other properties under the portfolio of S Hotels & Resorts;
- Agents, contractors or third party service providers of S Hotels & Resorts who provide services to S Hotels & Resorts to better serve your needs as a Guest or Business Partner;
- A prospective buyer or investor in the event that we sell any business or assets;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist S Hotels & Resorts in the improvement and optimisation of the website and our mobile App; and
- Local or foreign regulators, governments, courts, law enforcement and national security authorities.
6) PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED
Your personal information will be stored for the period of time required by law in the jurisdiction of any hotel holding the information. This may involve retaining information following your stay. We will delete your personal information once it is no longer required for any of the purposes described above.
We will also keep your personal information where we need to do so in connection with a legal action or an investigation involving S Hotels & Resorts.
7) INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
S Hotels & Resorts endeavour to provide the same level of service that you have come to expect at any of our managed properties.
To provide this service, your personal information may be processed by S Hotels & Resorts and its trusted third party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
8) UPDATES ON OUR PRIVACY STATEMENTS
In order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our guests, properties, service providers and other business partners, S Hotels & Resorts may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Therefore, we invite you to read this Privacy Statement regularly and/or any event when visit any websites listed on this Statement.
9) CONTACT US
If at any time you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can do so by contacting our corporate team at:
S Hotels & Resorts Co., Ltd
123 Suntowers Building B, 10th floor,
Vibhavadi-Rangsit Rd., Chom Phom,
Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900 Thailand
Tel: +66 2050 5555
Fax: +66 2617 6444-5