Planning a Family-Friendly Vacation to Sacramento, CASeptember 13, 2019
Sacramento is a great place to visit for business, pleasure, or for a family vacation. Although there’s plenty of nightlife spots, live music venues, and fun things to do for adults, there are also lots of things to do for the whole family. Let’s explore some things to do around the city that are fun for the young (and the young at heart):
Family-Friendly Activities for Babies and Toddlers
If you’re bringing your babies or toddlers to Sacramento, you’re in luck! There’s plenty of things to do with little ones, including:
- Luv 2 Play – This 8,600 sqft indoor playground has everything a kid could dream of. With three levels of tubes to crawl through, tunnels, slides, ball pits, and more, the fun never stops. There is a separate area just for babies or toddlers with soft toys and sensory play panels. Babies less than five months old are free to play, babies 6 months – 4 years is about $11, and kids 5 and up are about $13.
- Fairytale Town – For over 60 years, Fairytale Town has brought your child’s favorite storybooks to life. They have nearly 40 attractions for almost every classic fairytale. There’s the “The Little Engine That Could” train ride, Cinderella’s pumpkin coach, and lots of other fun play spaces. In addition, there are also live animal exhibits, including Farmer Brown’s Barn, Mary’s Little Lambs (they just welcomed a new baby lamb in May 2019!), Peter Rabbit and his sisters, and much more. This farm/amusement park/garden makes for an educational and fun day for the whole family.
- Art Beast Children’s Art Studio – Do you have a budding artist on your hands? At Art Beast, your little one can explore lots of different types of art, including an open studio with clay, paint, paper arts, crayons, and other fun things to play with. There’s also a little Drama Den to explore performing arts and a Building Room with LEGOs and other building blocks. The studio offers memberships for the summer, the month, or the year. Each membership includes unlimited access to everything in the art studio.
- Funderland Amusement Park – Funderland is Sacramento’s own little amusement park and has been dishing up kid-sized thrills since 1946. Enjoy nine amusement rides, cute photo opps, concession stands, and more. Plus, the park is simple to navigate with young kids and easily manageable for a day outing.
Family-Friendly Activities for Kids
Vacationing with kids isn’t always easy, but in Sacramento it’s sure to be fun. These spots are perfect for a family-friendly vacation with the kids:
- SeaQuest – SeaQuest is more than just an aquarium. Here, kids can see, touch, and feed sharks, stingrays, birds, tortoises, otters, and more. If your kid is an animal lover, this is the place for them. Tickets start at just $11, or you can buy an annual pass.
- Urban Air Trampoline Park – Urban Air is more than just a trampoline park. The space has a Warrior Obstacle Course, an Adventure Hub climbing gym, a Virtual Reality adventure, a Sky Rider Coaster zipline, climbing walls, and more. It’s hard to see everything that Urban Air has to offer, so you might have to come back for another visit soon!
- Nimbus Fish Hatchery – Teach your children about salmon populations at the Nimbus Fish Hatchery, where you can learn about Chinook salmon and their release into the river. The Nimbus Hatchery Visitor Center offers fun and educational activities for children and adults of all ages and has various on-site nature trails that you can also explore. Get outside and learn something new with your kiddos during your next family-friendly trip to Sac.
- West Wind Drive-in Movie Theater – West Wind takes the classic drive-in movie night and modernizes it for today’s families. Stream the movie’s audio right to your car stereo and enjoy digital projectors that dwarf the size of traditional theaters. This all-digital drive-in plays family-friendly titles and tickets are just $8 for adults and $1.75 for kids 5-11. Come on Tuesday and adults are only $5.50 a person!
Family-Friendly Activities for Teens
Bring your older kids or teenagers to Sacramento to show off our awesome city. There’s lots of options to keep everyone entertained, including:
- The Boulder Field – Come get a fun workout in at The Boulder Field, one of Sacramento’s leading climbing gyms. While a workout might not sound like the most fun thing to do on vacation, at The Boulder Field, it’s quite the adventure. The gym has 10,000 feet of bouldering walls so your teens can test their strength and compete against each other. Who can climb the highest?
- Sacramento State Aquatic Center – If your teen loves the outdoors, make sure to stop by the Sacramento State Aquatic Center to go sailing, windsurfing, water skiing, wakeboarding, and more. Lake Natoma is beautiful in the summer and the perfect family-friendly way to spend the day.
- Enchambered Live Escape Room – Escape rooms are all the rage right now and are the perfect activity for the whole family. Everyone has to work together to find clues about how to escape before the time runs out. Enchambered is one of the best escape rooms in Sac.
Sactown is full of things to do for people of all ages and makes the perfect family-friendly getaway. From playing with the little ones in a fairytale wonderland to challenging your teens to a climbing competition, the city has something for everyone.